National trucking insurance
This month The Empire Post team worked with advertising agency, Firme to produce a short five-part documentary series for National Trucking Insurance (NTI). The series follows Don & Pete of NTI on a three-month journey as they source a vintage truck, lovingly restore it to its former glory and auction it off, in support of the charity, ‘The MND and Me Foundation’. The idea was inspired by NTI's former CEO who has been diagnosed with MND (motor neurones disease). NTIs staff and members were eager to show their support and found a creative, inspiring and successful way to do so!
It was a privilege to work alongside like-minded people and help to share a story that promotes awareness and understanding of Motor Neurones Disease.
It is always a wonderful experience collaborating with such passionate creatives like Rob and his team. Firme carefully crafted the documentary series to ensure balance between the important subject matter and the desire to maintain an engaging and fun vibe.
The Empire looks forward to watching the series make a difference in the MND community and thanks Firme and NTI for the opportunity to work with them on such a special project.
Over the last few months the team at The Empire Post have been working with young filmmaker Lachlan Morton to help bring to life a story close to his heart.
The short documentary, ‘Lioness’, follows the story of a mother who, after years of hiding the truth, opens up to her youngest son about the pain and abuse she was subjected to at the hands of his father.
Lachlan and Digby met last year through the Griffith University Mentorship Program wherein Digby was elected as a mentor for Lachlan. After graduation Lachlan took up an opportunity to work along side The Empire team after pitching his story upon his return from the Berlin International Film Festival. The Empire were excited to attach themselves as Executive Producers while Digby and Lachlan worked tirelessly to bring Lioness to life.
To learn more about this project, head to the website lioness-shortdocumentary.com
The producing arm of The Empire Post is made up of two superstar producers, Kait Ferguson and Georgia ‘Dude’ Martin with producer’s assistant extraordinaire, Monique Smith.
Kait joined the Empire at the beginning of 2017 and has been working in post production and television for the past 5 years. She brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience from working across some of Australia’s biggest brands including BHP Billiton, Tourism Queensland and BCF.
1. What movie title best describes your life? ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?'
2. What is your go to karaoke song? ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen. Although I wish it was ‘You Can Call me Al’ by Paul Simon, but nobody wants to sit through that penny whistle solo.
3. What's your secret talent that no one knows about? I could never reveal it.
4. What’s your life motto? ‘What’s a motto with you?'
5. Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything that you now know or know now everything your future self will learn? Know everything my future self will learn! (A 5 year old should not know the taste of hard liquor.)
Georgia joined the Empire team at the beginning of 2016 and brought with her 18 years of advertising agency experience. She is well known and loved within the industry and is always a fun and welcoming face for clients on a day to day basis.
1. What is the strangest/best talent that you have? I'm really good at doing different accents, but the extent of it is pretty much one sentence per accent. (to the annoyance of my co-workers).
2. What is your favourite holiday destination?
3. Who is your least favourite superhero?
Robin aka Batmans handbag.
4. What is your favourite food?
Sooo many! Lasagne, Sunday roasts, seafood etc.
5. Would you rather be itchy for the rest of your life or sticky for the rest of your life?
Sticky for sure! But more like velcro sticky not honey sticky ... Do I get to choose the stickiness?
Monique is a recent Griffith Film School graduate, completing her Bachelor of Film & Screen Media Production at the end of 2016. Since graduating, she has been working freelance in the industry, gaining experience across all areas of production and post production. She brings with her knowledge in editing software’s and production, along with some good old fashion client service experience. Monique joined the team in July 2017 and we hope to see her grow quickly into a fine young Post Producer.
1. What is your favourite movie? Mary & Max. It’s my favourite because
1. It’s Australian
2. It’s stop motion so it’s beautiful (plus I just love stop motion) 3. It’s funny, sad, heartwarming and a bit weird - the perfect combo.
2. What's your biggest phobia? Whale sharks. It’s irrational because they’re harmless, gentle creatures but, I don’t know, they’re so giant and they have these giant mouths and they just inhale food. Creeps me out. What if one accidentally swallowed me? No thanks.
3. What would be your death row meal?
4. What song best sum up your life right now? Happy- Pharrell Williams. Even though I find the song a little annoying.
5. Would you rather have fingers as long as legs or legs are short as fingers? I feel like the most practical choice is legs as short as fingers because at least your hands are still normal. I can’t imagine having fingers as long as legs would be very useful except for maybe reaching things far away…
The Empire Post are looking for a team of 3D Generalists, Animators, Producers and Supervisors to start 2018 off with a bang! If you think that you might fit the bill, jump over to our jobs page and send us an email! https://theempirepost.bamboohr.com/jobs/